Who is Maike Make up Artist Wien?
My name is Maike Kolmer and I am a certified Makeup Artist in Vienna.
I first became interested in makeup out of necessity, not pleasure. For ten years I suffered from terrible cystic acne and using makeup was the only way for me to restore my self-confidence. I researched, experimented and perfected until I found an acceptable solution for myself. What started as means for the purpose was only the beginning of an excited and creative journey.
I decided that I wanted others to experience this feeling that makeup gave me. So I successfully completed a course at Austria’s Make Up School to become a Special Make up Artist.
I made this decision a little later in life. Before becoming a full time makeup artist, I worked as a Chef and studied Chemistry at the University of Vienna.
I grew up all over the world in English speaking schools, so I am fluent in both German and English (or one could argue I can speak neither very well).
10 Facts about me:
I’ve been living in Vienna for 10 years.
I live here with my fiancé and our two cats.
I have lived in 7 different countries.
I am extremely punctual.
People say that I have a calming charisma.
I am very tidy.
It is easy for me, to empathize with others.
I love nature, especially in winter.
Franz Kafka is my favorite author.
I still love cooking and eating. Maybe eating a little more than cooking.
I have specialized in beauty makeup of all kinds. Weddings, events, portraits, commercials, business, editorial and fashion.
It is very important to me, to be up to the latest standards as a makeup artist. That is why I continuously in training through workshops and research. You never stop learning!
Here are a few workshops I have taken
- Danessa Myricks University: Skin Architect: Successful strategies for designing skin
- Danessa Myricks University: Complexion Perfection
- Lydia Gerzen: Brautfrisuren
- Create Beautiful Hair: Blow Dry, Hair Up and Bridal Hair Training Cours
- Ortal Elimeleh: Bridal Makeup
- Yana Panfilovskaya: Red Carpet Makeup
- Nerida Joy: Food Related Acne
- Neirda Joy: Hormonal & Teenage Acne
- Educate Your Skin: The Five Star Method
- Angie Di Battista’s Makeup Artist Academy: Infection Prevention and Control for Makeup Artists
At the moment I am also taking a course at the Beauty Academie to become a certified aesthetician and podiatrist.